First of all, what is a Service Due Notice or "SDN" inside Tank Track?
A Service Due Notice inside Tank Track is part of an internal system that helps guarantee you do not miss the opportunity to ask (typically residential) customers for those vital repeat appointments. Each Service Due Notice contains a service due date, a list of products and services planned for that service date, a job notes field to include any pertinent information, and an email status indicator.
There are three ways to create a Service Due Notice and all of them are simple!
How to Create a Service Due Notice Manually
- On the right side of the property page, click or tap ADD SERVICE DUE NOTICE to open a blank SDN. Add as many products and services from the dropdown menu as needed.
- Add any helpful info in the JOB NOTES field, if desired.
- Add the Service Due Date by clicking or tapping in the date field. Then use the dropdown menus to select the month, then the year, and then click or tap the day of the month.
- Click or tap SAVE in the upper right corner.
How to Create a Service Due Notice from a Completed Invoice
- Complete all fields on your invoice and then click or tap the JOB COMPLETED checkbox, This will reveal a yellow highlight of the SERVICE DUE line immediately below.
- Enter the number of years (or months or weeks) in the number box and then adjust the units from years to months or weeks if needed. This will change the "SERVICE DUE IN" text to a link.
- Click or tap the "SERVICE DUE IN" link, which will create a new SDN prefilled with the products and services just completed and bring you back to the appropriate property page with your new SDN open for review.
- Carefully review the open SDN, being careful to remove any products and services that will not be repeated next time (such as a riser installation). You can also add any additional products and services as needed. Add to or amend the job notes as needed.
- When you are satisfied that all info is correct, click or tap SAVE.
How to Create a Service Due Notice while Importing Contacts
- As you prepare your .csv file for import, be sure to include a column labeled SERVICE DUE DATE as well as a column labeled JOB NOTES.
- Enter a service due date for each property for which a service due date is available.
- In the JOB NOTES column, enter what needs to be done.
- After uploading the .csv file and completing the import process, every property for which a service due date was provided will have a Service Due Notice with an UNSPECIFIED placeholder in the products and services field. Edit each SDN and use the info in the Job Notes info to select the required products and services.
That is all there is to it!