As a septic service company, you serve properties year after year, even when they change hands.
For example, let's say you serviced a property at 123 Main St. three years ago, and the owner at the time was Mary Smith. If the property is due for service again this year, you may find that Mary Smith has moved away, and the house is now owned by Bill Jones. Rather than having to start over with a new file, you can simply keep the property information you already have, including all service history with all past owners. You can "un-link" Mary Smith from 123 Main St, and "link" the property to a new contact person, Bill Jones.
Linking One Person to Multiple Properties
In some cases, you may want to link one person (such as a property manager or landlord) with multiple properties that you service. Let's say that in the previous example, 123 Main St. was sold by Mary Smith to a landlord who owns many homes for rental in your area. Let's say the new property manager is Susan Chu, who also manages several other properties you service. You can link 123 Main St. to Susan Chu easily by searching for her name in the box under "link to existing contact."
How to Un-link a previous contact person:
- First, open individual property page for the address you need (In our example, 123 Main St.)
- "Un-link" the property and person by clicking the blue circle joining the two halves of the page. A popup box will appear to ask "Are you really sure you want to un-link this contact?" If you are sure, click "OK."
- The previous contact person will disappear.
How to link a new person to an existing property:
- First, open the individual property page for the address of the property.
- To link a contact person to the property who you already have linked to other properties, enter his/her name in the search box and select it if correct.
- To link a new contact person, click "Link New Contact" and then fill in the fields that appear for contact information.