You can find this page by clicking the "Settings" link in the upper right corner of your Tank Track screen.
Who is a "User?"
A user is simply a person who works in your company, either on the computer or driving a truck. Some users help you on the computer and will need an account with a password so that they can use Tank Track. Other users are people who may not use the computer, but who need limited access to Tank Track for printing daily schedules or mapping routes. Still other users may be truck drivers who never need access to the Tank Track program, but still need to be entered as a user so they can be listed as a driver on the schedule page.
Creating a New User
To add a new user, click "Add New User" on the Users page under Settings.
- Name and Username: On the screen, you will see a place to add the person's full name, and a username. The username can be a short name that will only be seen within the Tank Track program. The full name, in the case of drivers/technicians, will be used on a job form/invoice as First Name, Last Initial. (For example, James Smith, the technician, would have his name appear on the invoice as "James S." His username could simply be Jimmy, James, Jim, etc.)
- Email: If this person is going to have access with his/her own account, use their email address. If you will not be giving them access to Tank Track, you can use a generic company email address if you wish.
- Password: If the user will have Tank Track access, assign a password. If you are not giving them access to the program, leave this blank.
- Driver: If the user is a driver (or technician, depending on what word you use), click the checkbox here. This will ensure that the person will show up as one of the options on the schedule page when you want to assign a driver for a particular route.
- Permissions: This allows you to customize which portions of the program you wish to make accessible to the user.
- Save: Don't forget to click "Save." You did it!